Monday, October 12, 2009

With Love to Dean+Davis.

Last night at work we had a sneak preview of the Smashbox Holiday 2009 collection, and I am so excited.  (Especially since it's not even up on their website yet -- unleash the privileged-moi complex!)  There's plenty to look forward to, including an expansion in their HALO technology, lots of pink, and a charitable cause.

Their new foundation guide is the coolest.  Just a few clicks gives you a customised foundation recommendation!

Some of my personal favourites are:


1. Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Fixes everything.  Oil = Gone.  Dryness/Flakes = Gone.  Comes in colour-correcting shades as well.  (Jaundice = GONE!)  If you're skeptical, only prime half your face, then apply foundation all over.  You will convert.

2. HALO Powder (in Fair)
A year's supply of grind-as-you-please powder with an anti-aging peptide and gorgeous finish.  And gold.  Um, hello?!

3. Lip Enhancing Gloss (in Fame)
My favourite.  I slather it on a constant basis.  It's the perfect pink for me: bright, but not Barbie.  Sophisticated, yet girly.  Those with warmer tones may wish to consider her fraternal twin sister shade Debut.

4. Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner (in Midnight Black)
The essential liner.  Sooty pigments make their mark.  Perfect for lining above the lower lashes.  (Survives water fights, too.)  Apply Midnight Black for the ultimate seductive stare, or Midnight Purple to complement any eye colour.

Do you use Smashbox?  What are some of your favourites?  And do you agree with their selections for you in the fabulous foundation guide?!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like I need to make a trip back down to Ulta! I'm still on the fence about Smashbox, at least colour-wise. The foundations feel delightful, but I've had a couple where, when put in natural light, they have a rather orange hue on my skin. I've been pondering going for tinted moisturizers as well as foundation just doesn't seem to sit well on me. Ah well, back to the experimenting board!

    (My foundation guide match was the HIGH DEFINITION HEALTHY FX FOUNDATION.) I'm definitely a lover of the Smashbox corrective green primer. And should I get any extra spending money, I would love to snatch up some of my palettes from the Reign series. The colours are delisciously rich and majestic. Perfect for fall, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their tinted moisturisers give good coverage, and the shades aren't as big a deal. Try pairing them with the HealthyFX Concealer or some HALO Powder for a really flawless, natural look. There are actually some kits in store that provide everything you need!

    XO, Scarlett

    ReplyDelete