Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Epic Runway Hair and the Teasing Comb Encounter!




Today was an early day for me: up at 6.30, leave a comfy human heater in bed, and be out by 7.30 clinging desperately to my coffee.  Today was training day in the salon, and they needed models for the Runway Your Way: Updo Edition!

Naturally, I was first to sign up.  My look was a pretty-not-prim hybrid of the Modern Rock and Urban Luxe

My job?  Sit there, shut up, try to look pretty under fluorescent lighting, and read a magazine while Shannon (of keratin fame) curled and teased and pinned.  Then us seasoned retail employees walked an imaginary runway to show off our new wigs.

Pardon the picture quality, and the shower-tile background.  At least I cropped out the chipped ceiling.




Et voila!  My hair actually touched the roof of my trusty Honda, necessitating a full lowering of the seat.  It's fabulous; I love it.  Nothin' like some haughtier-than-thou hair to get a gal through three senior-level classes in one day.  Bring it on: I'll strut right over it.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it! You look utterly fantastic. (I would probably have a near death experience if my hair ever managed to look that good.) Was it an actual wig/hairpiece they used on you or your own natural hair? Either way, it still looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually all shoulder-length hair attached at the scalp! I got tired of using 'hair' and wanted a more theatrical euphamism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That´s a great look. Will try it out as soon as my hair is a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete